Digital Product Owner-Investment Management
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: January 6, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with
clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who
enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with
clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide
support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver
an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch
offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to
grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The Digital Products organization at Edward Jones is focused on
developing a profound understanding of branch team and client
needs, to create an unparalleled experience. Leveraging these
critical insights, we implement technology solutions and enhance
our products in ways that enable clients to achieve their financial
goals. As key members of the team, Digital Product Owners combine
deep subject matter expertise, vision, and strategy, systems
thinking, and product management capabilities to produce highly
integrated and effective digital solutions and tools.?
Operating at the intersection of business strategy and technology
development, the digital product teams provide a dynamic,
collaborative, and fast-paced environment. You will be challenged
to bring fresh perspectives that allow us to continually exceed
client expectations in an ever-evolving landscape. ?
The Investment Management Systems teams are responsible for
designing and delivering a world-class digital investment
management experience to our clients and branch teams, focused
primarily on centralized portfolio management and investment risk
practices. The team is responsible for developing software
solutions to power the firm's discretionary investment management
processes, guided workflows to assist Financial Advisor working
with non-discretionary portfolios, as well as software that is
directly facing investments teams in the headquarters.
Responsibility Summary: ?? ?
- The Digital Product Owner serves as the individual accountable
for one or more systems, leading a cross-functional agile team to
deliver value to internal and external customers of the Firm.
- Reporting to the Product Manager, this individual aligns
strategy to execution through the development and maintenance of
their product roadmap and backlog, outlining the body of work
expected now, next, and into the future.
- This work includes management of system plans and supporting
artifacts encompassing resource needs, stakeholder solution
requirements, dependencies, timelines, milestones, and success
criteria as necessary to deliver on the promised business
- Success in this role requires depth and breadth of subject
matter experts inside and outside of the assigned digital product,
as well as a foundational understanding of Product Management and
Agile software development theory, and the ability to expand these
capabilities within the organization.
- The Digital Product Owner will work with other firm leaders to
attract, develop, and drive a team of high-performing associates,
and will play a role in their ongoing personal and professional
- Responsible for indirect influence and task assignment
authority for architecture, engineering, user experience, and
quality assurance resources including mentoring and developing all
team members to fulfill the product vision. Opportunities exist for
the direct leadership of junior product owners and business
- This individual will additionally advise and align with
adjacent product teams to ensure a consistent and cohesive
progression of the product strategy.
- Requires broad understanding of financial products, their
features and suitability for certain clients, and how they might
contribute to the client's financial objectivesBachelor--s degree
in business administration, management information systems,
computer science, or related field.
- Series 7 and 66 preferred; depending upon role may be required
within 6 months of hire;?
- A master's degree or relevant certification such as CFA or CFP
is strongly preferred.?
- 5+ years of experience required, including significant exposure
to one or more of the following fields:
- Development and management of investment management related
- Portfolio Optimization (Axioma preferred) or Investment Risk
Software (BlackRock Aladdin preferred),
- Background in Portfolio Management, Investment Risk, Research,
Trading, or similar Functional Knowledge:?
- Broad and deep knowledge of financial services concepts,
practices, and procedures, with an emphasis on the digital
capability advisors require to effectively serve clients.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail orientation with strong analytical capabilities.
- Ability to overcome ambiguity and deliver results.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to delegate and
direct work in a way that maximizes both personal and team
- Teamwork/collaboration mindset with the ability to work with
stakeholders throughout the organization.
- A robust understanding of full-cycle software development
within an Agile framework.
- Product orientation with a strong sense of ownership.
- FORTUNE 2020 -- Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020
FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For-- list.
- From FORTUNE --2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for
millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index -- Edward Jones joins the ranks
of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC
Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25
on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list -- the highest
ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the
2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE
magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two
spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of
rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee
feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified-- organizations. Edward
Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in
2019 list, the firm--s 20th appearance on the list. The firm also
was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services &
Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great
Place to Work and FORTUNE. Edward Jones does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic
information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their
contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a
rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial
security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about
our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary,
typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary
range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is
based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors
for a potential new associate:
Salary: $89642 - $152634
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Florissant , Digital Product Owner-Investment Management, Executive , Florissant, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!