Caregiver - PRN - Home Care - South St Louis County
Company: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description: Job Summary:The Caregiver provides personal hygiene
and a safe environment to clients. Priority will be given to
providing for the client's physical care such as personal
cleanliness and/or wound care and to the immediate environment
which directly affects the client's health and safety needs.
Caregivers services are scheduled as intermittent visits provided
to the client according to the client's care
- Assist the client with personal hygiene such is bathing, care
of skin, mouth and hair. Instruct client and family in meeting
client's personal hygiene needs
- Provide physical assistance in client transfer, positioning and
ambulation as outlined in the client care plan.
- Assist client with prescribed non-skilled exercises which the
client, family, and in-home care aide have been taught by
appropriate professional personnel.
- Change client bed linen as needed.
- Clear client's path of clutter or client's room to provide for
maximum client safety.
- Prepare a light meal if visit during mealtime and time
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining supplies and equipment in
- Assist the recipient with ordinarily self-administered
medications (open bottles, get water).
- Shopping for groceries or household items specifically required
for the health and maintenance of the client.
- Apply non-prescription topical ointments/lotions to unbroken
skin at the recipient's direction.
- Assist with any Activities of Daily Living (ADL's) not
previously listed and within the scope of service and
- May be asked to perform such activities including, but not
- walking the dog or taking care of pets
- collecting and disposing of the household trash
- collecting and delivering mail
- play games and participate in other social events
- facilitate the client's safe participation in family
- any other reasonable requestWorking Environment:Works in
clients homes and travels to and from the client's homes.Job
Relationships:Supervised by: Office ManagerRisk Exposure:High risk
- Must be able to drive a car with proof of current, valid
driver's license, auto insurance and able to independently access
client's residence. Part of our service is running errands for the
client, groceries, prescriptions, doctor visits, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- CNA preferred, but not requited.
- Must be able to read, write and follow directions.
- Must have at least six months paid work experience as an agency
homemaker, nurse aide, maid or household worker, or at least one
year of experience in caring for children or for sick or aged
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and the skills
necessary to provide the care appropriate to the age of the clients
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and possess the ability to assess
data reflective of the client's status in addition to being able to
interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each
client's requirements relative to age specific needs and to be able
to provide the care needed as described in the agency's policies
and procedures.Physical Requirements:Ability to perform the
following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and
being involved in physical activity.
- Moderate lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a
Keywords: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC, Florissant , Caregiver - PRN - Home Care - South St Louis County, Healthcare , Florissant, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!