Registered Nurse (RN) - Infusion - $24-38 per hour
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Infusion for a
nursing job in Florissant, Missouri.Job Description &
- Specialty: Infusion
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!****Sign on bonuses are for external
qualified candidates.--M-F No Weekends - No Holidays Work/Life
Balance! At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence
begins with compassionate employees like you. We want to be the
forever workplace for curious, talented people who are driven to do
great things, while making a real difference in our patients'
lives.Performs the primary functions of a Registered Nurse in
assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating the
care of all assigned patients. For Vascular Access, assesses,
recognizes and establishes the need of a mid to long term vascular
access device (VAD) for the patient.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively supports the care of the patient.
- Assesses and addresses the needs of the patient/family.
- Works collaboratively with other interprofessional team members
in resolving patient/family problems, concerns and issues.
- Collaborates with other departments as needed to establish the
patient/family treatment plan.
- Individualizes, implements, evaluates or updates the plan of
care and patient educational needs regarding vascular access.
- Possesses the ability to complete intravenous insertion and
assessment to include peripheral and central line access.
- Utilizes equipment such as point of care ultrasound equipment
and intravenous infusion pumps as appropriate.
- Effectively demonstrates proper interpretation of department
specific policies and related laboratory results to safely manage
specific patient needs.
- Implements, monitors and records patient care and communicates
patient condition as appropriate.-- Takes appropriate actions to
unanticipated changes in patient condition.
- Utilizes the Electronic Health Record (EHR) to access treatment
and therapy plans.
- As an SSM Health nurse, demonstrates the professional nursing
standards defined in the professional practice model.
- Utilizes the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her
response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of
our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of an approved school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience required if not in Vascular Access
- Two years' nurse experience if in Vascular AccessPHYSICAL
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.About SSM HealthSSM Health has grown
to be one of the largest integrated health systems in the country,
because leadership, administration and providers work closely
together to find solutions to the most pressing needs in medical
care today. Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined
to innovate, optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery
and patient interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in
regular discussions designed to standardize practices that yield
better outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability
and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as
well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of
practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as
their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and
outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast
opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.Benefits
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
Keywords: SSM Health, Florissant , Registered Nurse (RN) - Infusion - $24-38 per hour, Healthcare , Florissant, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!