Company: Helia Healthcare
Posted on: January 23, 2023
the Pillars of North County - Florissant, MO
The overall purpose of the Registered Nurse (RN) position is to
participate in and oversee the assurance of the provision of
resident care services consistent with accepted standards of care
and assigns duties to LPNs and/or nursing assistants as
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs duties and responsibilities with assigned functional area
within a nursing home facility which may include, but are not
limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Consistent and regular attendance.
- Assures resident care is delivered in accordance with accepted
standards of practice.
- Observes, assesses, and reports on residents conditions/changes
and then documents in accordance with facility policies and as
required by regulations.
- Administers medication/treatment as prescribed.
- Receives, transcribes and executes physician orders.
- Implements and evaluates residents plan of care.
- Identifies and secures equipment and supplies. Notifies
supervisor when supplies are needed.
- Informs subordinate staff about the condition of residents and
expectations/needs for the shift assigned at the beginning of each
shift and receives report from subordinates throughout and at the
end of each shift regarding resident conditions.
- Directs C.N.A.s to assure care provided according to standards
of practice and according to facility policies and
- Rounds with C.N.A.s prior to end of shift to assure unit is in
- Communicates appropriate and thorough information to oncoming
licensed staff so that continuity of care is provided from shift to
- Completes assessments as indicated, i.e. admission assessments,
ongoing pain assessments, etc.
- Assures residents are as free from pain as possible and
advocates for residents with physicians as needed.
- Assures that residents accident or incident is fully
documented, investigated and reported in accordance with facility
policies and per regulations.
- Assures that each residents attending physician and
family/responsible party is promptly notified of any significant
changes in the residents health condition.
- Performs incidental housekeeping or maintenance tasks as may be
required to maintain a clean, hazard-free environment for
residents, visitors and staff.
- Assists in the evaluation of subordinate staff and any
necessary counsel/discipline in accordance with facility
- Ensures a safe environment is maintained in accordance with
policies and regulations.
- Performs frequent rounds throughout facility to assure that the
facility is orderly, odor-free and clean.
- Functions as a team leader/role model.
- Has reviewed the facility abuse policy and understands
employees responsibility to enforce it.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The work environment characteristics described are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or
airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Ability to communicate in English via phone, in writing, and
verbally in conversations with different levels of staff, patient
families, and any outside customers.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; frequently use
hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk
or hear and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and
ability to adjust focus; ability to utilize a computer, phone, etc.
for extended periods of time.
- Attends in-service and educational programs.
- Attends continuing education required for maintenance of
professional certification or licensure.
- Attends seminars related to essential job duties and stays
current with changes to practice.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Registered Nurse must have the following:
- A current, valid Illinois Registered Nurse license is required.
- Education/and or experience in long-term care, acute care, or
geriatric nursing preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English Language and to
verbally converse with different levels of staff, parent families,
and any outside customers.
- No disqualifying criminal offenses as defined by regulatory
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports nursing/patient progress notes, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from department heads, customers (patients, family
members, physicians, etc.) and the general public.
Keywords: Helia Healthcare, Florissant , REGISTERED NURSE, Healthcare , Florissant, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!