Part-Time RN-Clinic Infusion Shackelford Road
Company: Dean Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Rheumatology infusions (Remicade, Rituxan, etc.), iron infusions
and some fluids on occassion
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Sign on bonuses are for external qualified candidates.
Part-Time Role, Mon/Wed half day TUE/FRI full day
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with
compassionate employees like you. We want to be the forever
workplace for curious, talented people who are driven to do great
things, while making a real difference in our patients' lives.
Performs the primary functions of a Registered Nurse in assessing,
diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of all
assigned patients. For Vascular Access, assesses, recognizes and
establishes the need of a mid to long term vascular access device
(VAD) for the patient.
* Actively supports the care of the patient.
* Assesses and addresses the needs of the patient/family.
* Works collaboratively with other interprofessional team members
in resolving patient/family problems, concerns and issues.
* Collaborates with other departments as needed to establish the
patient/family treatment plan.
* Individualizes, implements, evaluates or updates the plan of care
and patient educational needs regarding vascular access.
* Possesses the ability to complete intravenous insertion and
assessment to include peripheral and central line access.
* Utilizes equipment such as point of care ultrasound equipment and
intravenous infusion pumps as appropriate.
* Effectively demonstrates proper interpretation of department
specific policies and related laboratory results to safely manage
specific patient needs.
* Implements, monitors and records patient care and communicates
patient condition as appropriate. Takes appropriate actions to
unanticipated changes in patient condition.
* Utilizes the Electronic Health Record (EHR) to access treatment
and therapy plans.
* As an SSM Health nurse, demonstrates the professional nursing
standards defined in the professional practice model.
* Utilizes the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her
response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of
our patients and our patient populations.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing
* No experience required if not in Vascular Access
* Two years' nurse experience if in Vascular Access
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: Dean Health, Florissant , Part-Time RN-Clinic Infusion Shackelford Road, Healthcare , Florissant, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!