Cardiac Catheterization Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Nucleus Healthcare
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Are you a passionate Cardiac Catheterization Registered Nurse
(RN) looking to make a meaningful impact on patients' lives?
Nucleus Healthcare is seeking a qualified candidate to join a
prestigious academic health system in Columbia, MO . -Take the next
step in your career and thrive in an environment where you are
respected, challenged, and offered endless opportunities to define
your career path! Our partner nurtures a workplace culture you can
- Becker's Healthcare -150 Top Places to Work -
- "Just Culture" organization
- ANCC Accredited Nurse Residency Program
- Daisy Award Partner Small town charm. Big opportunities.
Columbia, MO, is an up-and-coming university town in the heart of
Missouri known for its
- prestigious public university
- healthcare system
- public schools
- division 1 sports
- affordable cost of living and housing With a thriving cultural
and culinary scene, many outdoor activities, and easy access to St.
Louis and Kansas City, you can have the best of both worlds: the
charm of a small town with the convenience of modern amenities and
top-notch healthcare. Benefits that matter.
- Earn a $10,000 Retention Reward - Paid over 5 years in your
time with us! OR
- Up to $10,000 in Student Loan Repayment = Up to $2,000/year for
5 years PLUS
- $5,000 Relocation Incentive if you live greater than 50 miles
- Paid-for tuition from the local top-rated university
- Up to 75% for you and 50% for spouses and children
- Includes all locations and online
- Generous retirement program- 8% match on 401k!
- 100% paid leave for parents -for up to four weeks - effective
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including mental
- Defined career paths and clinical ladder for RNs Paid Time Off
- 0-5 years: 17 Days--- -
- 5+ Years: 22 Days--- ---- - Personal Days--- -
- 4 Days--- ---- - Sick Days
- 12 Days--- Pay Rate
- $32 - $51 per hour, depending on experience Job Description -
Basic Functionality and Responsibility - This position is
responsible for delivering exceptional nursing care to cardiac
catheterization patients by utilizing strong organizational and
leadership skills to assess patient status, implement clinical
nursing interventions to modify symptoms, and develop and implement
patient care plans to enhance and improve outcomes and ensure a
safe and therapeutic environment. This position may be required to
access and administer medications within their scope of practice
and according to state law. Essential Functions -
- Assists physicians in cardiac and peripheral endovascular
procedures like catheterization, valvuloplasties, angioplasties,
implants, ablations, and structural repairs.
- Perform hemodynamic monitoring of patients during procedures
under conscious sedation.
- Perform pre and post-procedure nursing services and patient
- Operate medical and imaging equipment in coronary,
electrophysiology, and vascular interventional labs.
- Prepare patient and equipment for catheterization procedures by
preparing the site of entry, draping the patient, arranging
sterilized instruments and catheters, and calibrating and setting
up pressure transducers and tubing.
- Obtain and record hemodynamic, electrical, and angiographic
data by operating hemodynamic and electrical amplifiers.
- Provide nursing care to patients according to departmental and
critical care nursing standards.
- Educate patients and families about the patient's illness,
their care, and treatment plan.
- May complete unit/department-specific duties as outlined in
- Knowledge of electronic monitoring devices. Required
- Missouri Board of Nursing RN or Nurse Licensure Compact
multi-state RN. When primary state of residency changes, compact
state RNs must apply under new state of residency within thirty
(30) days. Preferred Qualifications -
- ICU/CCU experience in arrhythmia and hemodynamic monitoring of
patients in an acute-care setting.Cardiac Vascular Nursing
Certification (RN-BC) certification by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center (ANCC). Additional license/certification
requirements as determined by the hiring department. Physical
Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met with or without reasonable accommodation.
The performance of these physical demands is an essential function
of the job. This position is very active and requires ambulating,
reaching, and moving objects weighing up to and over 20 lbs. This
role also routinely comes into contact with patients who may have
contagious illnesses. This position is in a health care facility
open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Rotating shifts, holidays,
and work during inclement weather will be required. - Performance
Expectations - This job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities required of the employee for this job; however,
completion of these duties is a measure of successful performance.
Employees of this job classification are subject to performance
reviews. Basic functions, responsibilities, and characteristics of
duties may change at any time with or without notice. - Safety
Sensitivity Status - This position is considered safety sensitive.
This document is a general description of typical job duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications of employees holding the
associated job title. Additional duties, specific qualifications,
and work emphasis may vary between individual positions. - -
Nucleus Healthcare Who We Are - Purpose-built, patient-minded, and
mission-driven, Nucleus is trusted by major hospitals, health
systems, and life sciences organizations with a vision to redefine
how healthcare does business. What We Do - Nucleus Healthcare
("Nucleus") delivers next-generation human capital management to
empower people who power healthcare. Rooted in talent management,
Nucleus provides services and solutions that have yielded more than
7,500 hires in healthcare for all levels and roles. - Our Mission
Empower the people who power healthcare. - Our Vision Redefining
the way healthcare does business. - Our Values - We deliver results
--- We are committed --- We are precise --- We are change agents
--- We are ONE team --- We are fueled by passion and purpose
Keywords: Nucleus Healthcare, Florissant , Cardiac Catheterization Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Florissant, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...