Company: Old Time Pottery, LLC
Posted on: June 20, 2022
FLSA: Non-ExemptJOB TITLE: Sales AssociateDEPARTMENT: Store
OperationsREPORTS TO: Store Manager/Assistant ManagerGENERAL
SUMMARY:Responsible for providing and maintaining exceptional
customer service. Processes sales quickly, accurately, and
efficiently and performs all cash register duties. Performs other
duties, (including pricing and stocking merchandise) as necessary
to maximize profitability, while protecting company assets and
reducing losses.DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follow company work processes to receive trucks, open and
unpack cartons and price merchandise.
- Ensure every customer receives exceptional service by providing
a friendly environment.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers.
- Accurately maintain all cash and other forms of tender at the
- Ensure register area has outstanding housekeeping
- Follow the merchandise guide and management guidance to build
displays, endcaps, features and stock merchandise.
- Direct customers to merchandise location.
- Help foster an environment of teamwork.
- Recover and face merchandise on shelves and restock shelves and
- Assist with training and development of new associates with
guidance from Store Manager.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as outlined in
the Standard Operation Procedures manual and Team Member
- Help maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a
safe and secure working and shopping environment.
- Any other tasks, assignments or responsibilities as directed by
Management.KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Proficient in reading, speaking, and writing English.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices
- Ability to read and follow merchandise guide.
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Ability to be a team player.WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.COMPETENCIES:
- Aligns motives, values, and beliefs with Old Time Pottery
values and culture.
- Works as a team player.
- Recognizes that his/her actions directly impact store
- Demonstrates responsiveness and sensitivity to customer
- Ability to perform all cash register functions efficiently and
- Maintains an efficient, orderly, clean, and safe store.WORKING
CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Constant walking and standing
- Frequent and repeated bending/twisting from the waist to stock
merchandise, unload trucks or assist customers.
- Frequent handling or grasping of merchandise and equipment such
as pricing guns, box cutters, two-wheel dollies, pallet jacks and
- Operate compactor/baler.
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 25 pounds from floor to
- Frequent carrying of merchandise of up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional and proper lifting of up to 25 pounds from waist to
- Occasional squatting and kneeling to stock merchandise and
unload trucks or assist customers.
- Occasional work above the waist and/or shoulder.
- Occasional climbing - ascending/descending using a ladder.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Gross handling/finger dexterity.
- Forcible push/pull of up to 200 pounds of force using material
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.Date: 04/2021This
job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for
the above referenced position and is not intended to represent a
comprehensive list of responsibilities. Job responsibilities may be
subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or
other reasons. An Associate should perform all duties as assigned
by his/ her supervisor.
Keywords: Old Time Pottery, LLC, Florissant , Sales Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Florissant, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!