Company: Old Time Pottery
Posted on: January 21, 2023
JOB TITLE:Assistant Store Manager
DEPARTMENT: Store Operations
REPORTS TO:Store Manager
SUPERVISES:Non-Exempt Store Team members
Assist with efficient management of operations, merchandise
presentation, inventory control and training. Ensure a safe working
environment while providing for the protection of company
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Open the store a minimum of two days per week; close the store
a minimum of two days per week.
- Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; verify deposit
and deposit money in bank.
- Assist in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through
strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to
company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Responsible for managing the store in the Store Manager's
absence, leads Manager on Duty process.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, with scheduling team
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in providing adequate
training for team members.
- Review paperwork to identify business trends (including sales
and profitability), expense control opportunities, potential shrink
- Follow merchandise guide to ensure merchandise is displayed to
maximize sells and inventory management is maintained.
- Assist with the efficient flow and merchandise presentations
per continuous flow guidelines.
- Ensure that merchandise is presented according to established
practices and Store Manager's directions, utilize merchandise
fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and
- Assist in merchandise guide implementation and
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling
damages, markdowns, paperwork and facility controls.
- Conduct safety meetings; help to maintain a clean,
well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the
Standard Operating Procedures manual, Team Member Handbook and
company communications. Assist Store Manager in ensuring team
- Complete all paperwork and documentation according to
guidelines and deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Proficient in reading, speaking and writing English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams,
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to learn and perform cash register functions to
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and
practices (deposits, store keys, CALL program, etc.)
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations
where limited standardization exists.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Three years of experience in a retail environment and one-year
supervisory experience preferred.
- Aligns motives, values and beliefs with Old Time Pottery, LLC
values and culture.
- Supports ownership by tapping into the potential of
- Acts as a liaison between the corporate office and store team
- Fosters cooperation and collaboration.
- Interacts with staff tactfully yet directly and maintains an
open forum of exchange.
- Demonstrates responsiveness and sensitivity to customer
- Applies basic principles of retail (i.e., peak inventories,
merchandise flow, etc.)
- Provides continuous attention to development of staff.
- Assists the Store Manager with recruiting, hiring and training
qualified applicants to fulfill a store need.
- Ensures store compliance to federal labor laws and company
policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Constant walking and standing.
- Frequent and repeated bending/twisting, from the waist to stock
merchandise, unload trucks or assist customers.
- Frequent handling or grasping of merchandise and equipment such
as pricing guns, box cutters, stocking carts, pallet jacks and
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 25 pounds from floor to
- Frequent carrying of merchandise of up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional and proper lifting of up to 25 pounds from waist to
- Occasional squatting and kneeling to stock merchandise, unload
trucks or assist customers.
- Occasional work above the waist and/or shoulder.
- Occasional climbing - ascending/descending using a
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasional driving/providing own transportation to make bank
deposits, attend management meetings and to other Old Time Pottery
- Gross handling/finger dexterity.
- Forcible push/pull of up to 200 pounds of force using large
material handling equipment.
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
Old Time Pottery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position and is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. Job responsibilities may
be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or
other reasons. An associate should perform all duties as assigned
by his/ her supervisor.
Keywords: Old Time Pottery, Florissant , Assistant Manager-Exempt, Hospitality & Tourism , Florissant, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!