Posted on: December 3, 2019
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of
industry experience designing, implementing, training, and
supporting logistics information systems.We have over 800 employees
worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative,
and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence
solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and
government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries,
including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.Boeing is
the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of
commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We
are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers.
Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something
better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.Title:
Software Engineer Experienced
Location: Maryland Heights, MOPosition Summary:Develops, documents
and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces
and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and
integrates software components into a fully functional software
system in support of the F-15 Mission Planning System. Supports
Agile and Earned Value Management (EVM) software project
management. Performs software research and trade studies. Serves as
a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific
issues, processes and/or regulations. Develops the planning,
organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements
management processes, tools, risk, issues using Agile processes. --
Works under general direction. Follows company software standards
and processes.Essential Functions:
- Develops, maintains and unit tests code by utilizing software
development environments and programming languages in order to
implement design and satisfy allocated requirements.
- Participates in peer reviews.
- Develops, documents and maintains designs for software
consistent with the defined architecture and
requirements/regulations by applying established methods and
- Participates in internal design reviews.
- Contributes to building large scale software systems.
- Lead day to day software integration efforts.
- Troubleshoots and investigates difficult problems across
software components. Evaluates proposed solutions to problems.
- Performs architectural trade studies, contributes to the
development documentation and maintenance of software
- Participates in internal and/or external architecture
- Provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software
component level project planning including corrective action
- Participate in requirement team and peer reviews as a presenter
- Performs software requirements change assessment and provides a
technical interface to requirements change-assessment
- Develop, select, tailor and deploy processes and tools;
establish metrics; and utilize regulations and industry
- Participate in process reviews.
- Provides guidance to less experienced employees, performs
research, may contribute to proposals, documents research and
development results and aids technology transfer into
- Provides subject matter expertise to other technical and
- Supports operational and integration issue resolution for
specific software systems.
- May be client facing engineer who will travel to customer sites
directly supporting Company applications.
- Represents the organization by providing solutions to difficult
technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Manages and monitors processes in support of EVM
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:Degree and
typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5
or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years'
experience or PhD degree with experience or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security
Clearance for which the US Government requires US
Citizenship.Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques,
standards, principles, theories, and concepts.
- Experience with C# Software Development.
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience with SVN, TFS, and JIRA
- Experience with Agile development
- Performs as SCRUM masterBoeing is a Drug Free Workplace where
post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies. --
Keywords: Boeing, Florissant , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Florissant, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!