Information About this Position
- Day Shift
- Near Site School Based Clinic
- Four, 9 hour days and 8:00am-12:00pm shift on Saturdays
Company and Job Overview
BJC Home Care
offers patients and their families a complete range of home care
services, including skilled nursing services, adult and pediatric
hospice and supportive care, rehabilitation therapy, home infusion
therapy, infusion treatment rooms, home medical equipment and
high-tech respiratory care. Specialty home care programs also are
available, including adult and pediatric asthma, cardiac, diabetes,
orthopedic and wound care programs.
BJC Home Care provides care to thousands of patients in both
Missouri and Illinois. Serving more than 25 counties, it has become
the largest home care network in the region and one of the largest
in the country.
The Medical Assistant (MA) provides patient
care under the direction of a physician or other licensed provider.
This position performs select duties for the promotion of health in
the care of patients and delivers care according to practice
protocols and procedures.
- Cleans and prepares exam room for patients.
- Obtains vital signs, patient history and maintains accurate and
prompt charting in the patient's record.
- Performs clinical skills, such as phlebotomy,
electrocardiography (EKGs), point-of-care testing and
- Triage calls, provide test and lab results to patients and
present relevant information to provider with correct medical
- Assists provider by preparing patients for exams, procedures
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant certification
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resusitation) certification
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.