Company: Refresco North America
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Controller position is accountable for the overall
integrity, accuracy and completeness of financial results and
safeguarding of plant assets for a multi-line, and has significant
operational and SKU complexity. The Controller is a key member of
the Operations Management team and engages in all aspects of
operations to provide timely and comprehensive financial leadership
to the Plant Management team. This role is also responsible for
developing and managing, hourly and possibly salaried level direct
reports responsible for the day to day accounting, reporting and
inventory control for the operations at respective plant. Working
with the other Manufacturing Accounting Managers, Plant Management,
the North American Business Unit Finance Team, and other
- Accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Balance sheet oversight and reconciliation.
- Forecasting & budget planning.
- Capital expenditure analysis and reporting.
- Accurate cost analysis.
- Compliance with internal controls and corporate
- Statutory reporting as required.
- Completion of internal and external audits.
- Support continuous operational and financial results
improvement with focus on cost savings.
- Manage and develop direct reports.
Financial Reporting and Controls/Compliance:
- Overall responsibility for the plant operations financial
results and delivery of accurate timely results in accordance with
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), company processes/procedures
and statutory regulations. Achieves this through working closely
with the Plant Management team, Cost Accounting/Inventory
Management and Supply Chain Finance teams.
- Work with Plant Management teams to set annual standards and
production yields for financial reporting and costing
- Provide financial guidance and support to Plant Management with
proactive communication of accounting/reporting issues and
- Provide guidance/input to Management on key business decisions
that enable effective and efficient operations and delivery of cost
- Provide guidance to Plant Management in the origination of
capital expenditure requests. Prepare/review financial support for
the capex requests ensuring compliance to Refresco policy and
robust accurate projections of costs and savings generated by the
project. Perform post capital expenditure audits and
- Ensure compliance with key control procedures and corporate
policies and procedures at the local level plant management team to
ensure the overall financial integrity of the plant financial
information and safeguarding of assets.
- Weekly/monthly working capital reporting. Work with Plant
management to manage effective working capital utilization and cash
flows. Significant areas of focus being inventories and capex cash
- Maintain open communication with peers to foster a consistent
approach in the financial management of the local operating
- Provide support for external and internal audits at the
operating facilities. Complete other ad-hoc reporting requests
- Manage the weekly/monthly/quarterly flash forecast process with
the Plant Management team to deliver accurate forecasted results.
Appropriate identification of risks and opportunities.
- Lead the development of the Annual Operating Plan for plant
Business Analysis Support:
- Collaborate with the Plant Management Team to identify and
recommend process improvements that will deliver financial benefits
or mitigate financial risks. Analyze financial data to facilitate
decision making process at the plant management level.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. / B.A. degree in Accounting.
- CPA, CMA or equivalent designation
- Manufacturing/costing experience
- Staff management experience
- 5-7 years related work experience in manufacturing or
industrial environment. Food and Beverage related manufacturing a
Skills and Competencies:
- IT Literate (Microsoft Office)
- ERP System experience (SAP preferred)
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven strategic problem solving skills
- Ability to operate and consistently deliver in a changing
- High level of accountability.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to work
- Strives for high performance and uses technical skills
effectively with a demonstrated emphasis to detail and
- Ability to multi-task, and work in an organized, detailed
manner under limited time frames & tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of financial accounting systems, controls and
compliance procedures and industry practices.
- Strong Business Ethics Commitment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
explain results, document processes and convey ideas.
- Financial analysis skills (identifies information needed to
prepare and validate analyses; interprets and draws conclusions
from financial information; extracts meaning from data by
recognizing trends and patterns).
- US GAAP/IFRS knowledge
- Physical - Regular requirements to sit and enter data in the
computer. Standing, walking and climbing inside and outside of
- Visual/Sensory - This position requires to be able to work long
hours in front of the computer
- Work environment - Manufacturing environment
- Mental Stress - There is pronounced pressure from meeting
deadlines, schedules and accuracy of work output.
Keywords: Refresco North America, Florissant , Plant Controller, Professions , Florissant, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!