Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 18, 2018
We Are Hiring Title: Financial AnalystCity, State: St Louis, MOLocation: Woodlands Plaza IVDepartment: Solutions AccountingAdditional Job Details: FT, DaysWhy Join Ascension? Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization. What You Will Do Job Summary: The Financial Analyst performs analysis and reporting regarding financial operations and information. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Prepares and maintains complex and significant journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, account analysis, and subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepares, analyzes maintains, and explains trend information.
- Reconcile all assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Participate in process improvement activities related to central accounting functions as required, i. e. journal entry automation, support finance transformation, other automation effort
- Investigate/research open items, resolve issues and prepare required journal entries as needed.
- Prepare and maintain month end elimination and closing entries within Hyperion financial reporting system.
- Prepare monthly financial analysis and narratives of assigned system office entities.
- Prepare and maintain account reconciliations as assigned.
- Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliation.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Certified Public Accountant. Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Master's of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressive accounting and financial analysis experience required
- Two years public accounting experience preferred Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: " Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Florissant , Financial Analyst, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!