Company: Hogan Transportation
Posted on: January 14, 2019
St. Louis, MO
Summary:This is a career-track position offering significant independence, high visibility within the organization, and the ability to impact bottom-line results. At Hogan we promote a vibrant safety culture that exhibits both our commitment to public and individual safety, and the value we place on our people, our customers, and our role in the communities where we operate.Key Responsibilities:
- Assist with developing, implementing. and supervising company's driver safety program
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with DOT regulations and company policies in anover-the-road and dedicated transportation environment
- Support company's key safety program initiatives - Smith System Defensive Driving,
Value Driven, and Videomatics (in-cab cameras)
- Monitor driver performance through onsite and over-the-road review (including
evaluation rides with selected drivers)
- Communicates with drivers regarding core safety principles and accident avoidance both in the workplace and over the road. Monitor driver performance through yard observations and road tests.
- Investigate vehicle accidents and workplace injuries to establish preventability and
develop corrective action measures
- Assist with driver interventions relating to unsafe acts, compliance violations
- Work with Operations regarding their involvement in driver/account safety performance, prevention of injuries and accidents, and compliance with OSHA/DOT regulations.
- Conduct safety compliance reviews and job hazard analyses at account locations,
monitoring resulting action plans to completion.
- Lead safety improvement activities at Focused Accounts, to include driver
meetings/training, operations education and engagement, safety process/system
utilization and enhancements, and consistent reporting on progress.
- Collaborate with fleet managers to promote safety awareness through driver recognition programs for demonstrated safe, compliant performance
- Coordinate with entry-level driver training team to promote trainer/trainee preparedness
- Provide onsite support for account startups, or at locations with targeted driver needs
- Participate in corporate-level safety projects and meetings, as requested.
- Thorough knowledge of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety and HazMat Regulations,
principles of Smith System or similar defensive driving discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in Trucking Safety & Driver Management
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to handle diverse customers both external and internal
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Willingness to travel to assigned accounts, assist with startups and hiring hotspots
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Some college, undergraduate degree preferred
- CDL preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We Encourage Qualified Women and Minorities to Apply.
Hogan offers broad career opportunities in nearly every field and profession because we provide a broad portfolio of clients with customized transportation and logistics solutions. Our five transportation companies operate nationwide service centers and 750 NationaLease affiliate locations. Since 1918 through to our recent expansion of corporate headquarters in Maryland Heights, MO, the Hogan family of companies has built its business on a strong foundation of excellent client service.
Keywords: Hogan Transportation, Florissant , Safety Manager, Professions , Florissant, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!